10 February 2006

Les Jeux Olympiques -- En direct!

I know, it's a weird thing to be geeked about this, but I had a lot of fun watching the opening ceremonies *live* on TV tonight. In the US, we almost always have to watch it on tape delay (a fact that isn't made very clear by the networks at the time). Plus, they are "just down the road" in Italy, so it's fun to be on the same continent. I don't know why. It just is.

So, since many of you are just leaving work, I know you haven't seen coverage yet. In that case, let me ruin it for you!! Just kidding. I think the part most worth watching is the lighting of the torch. When it is actually done, the fireworks are pretty cool. Later, Luciano Pavarotti sings "Nessun dorma" (a gorgeous aria by Puccini) that literally gave me chills and brought a tear to my eye. OK, so it's one of my all-time favorites, but man, that guy sure can sing it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home