02 May 2006

And, we're back!

Hey folks, sorry for the long hiatus. Many, many thanks goes to our friend Doug for fixing what ailed the computer. So far, it's working like a charm. Apparently, we corrupted some files. (I always knew I had a corrupting influence ... I just didn't know it applied to the computer, too!)

As promised, you see a photo of Mia Marcella, my friend Sabra's new little girl. Pretty cute, don't you think? :)

Speaking of birthdays, Colin celebrated 28 years of circling the sun last Thursday, though "celebrating" is probably a strong word. We did go out for dinner, but beyond that, all was quiet. (The next installment of Colin's stipend came this weekend -- we were broke until then!)

Keely, one of my former co-workers, stopped by on Thursday and Friday with her boyfriend, Brandon. I think my favorite moment was when I led them around the corner and Notre Dame came into view. Keely had to stop us and say, "Holy shit!" before being able to move on. (Pico would be proud ... another "holy shit, we're in Paris" moment). Her excitement reminded me just how cool this place is. How can you not get excited about this city? (OK, if you had asked me that when I was a kid, here for the first time, I would have said, "It's small and dirty." Eh, what did I know?)

Anyway, here are some photos from their whirlwind tour of Paris.


Here they are, the happy couple! We were taking a break on Pont Neuf so that the jet-lagged folks could catch their breath. Gee, I don't know why they were so tired ... they had only just gone from Sacramento to Minneapolis to Detroit to Paris in one day. (If I were them, I sure as heck wouldn't have been smiling!)


Keely and Brandon love to take "artsy" pictures of themselves, which normally turn out really cool. I got jealous and decided to try it with Colin. That's Paris behind us (we're on the Tour Montparnasse). I think the only thing artsy about this picture is that I grayscaled it. Oh well, I tried.


OK, I have more photos, but Blogger is being stupid and not letting me upload more. I'll try again later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home