19 March 2006

George Mason vs. Wichita State in the Sweet 16???

What in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks is going on with the NCAA tournament this year? I leave you guys alone for one year, one lone March Madness, and you literally go mad! Did anyone predict that George Mason would be playing Wichita State in the Sweet Sixteen? Up until this week, I wasn't actually aware that either school even had a basketball team! And what about the "B" schools, Bradley and Bucknell? (Also known as my two new favorite schools because they both have the distinction of whoopin' up on Kansas in the first round of the NCAA tourney.)

But most important of all -- how can I be missing this?! I haven't watched a single basketball game this season. Crazy. (Needless to say, my bracket is ... um ... less-than-accurate.)

6 Comments:

At 20/3/06 00:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry -- I'll bet almost everyone who's been watching basketball all season also has brackets that are "less than accurate". I guess that's why they actually play the games!

SD Mom

 
At 20/3/06 02:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell has indeed frozen over. As a native Hoosier, I have religously filled out a bracket since 1986. (I would have been 9 1/2 at the time.) This marks the first time since then that I did not fill out a bracket. Yikes, I need to go rent Hoosiers!

At least a Horizon League team (Butler's conference)--UW-Milwaukee--made it to the second round. Go mid-majors!

 
At 21/3/06 00:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funniest thing ever was the other day when bradley was playing pittsburgh and the little score thing in the bottom left of the screen said:

BRAD
PITT

:)

i have an email in the works to you!

 
At 21/3/06 00:22, Blogger Andy Noverr said...

Luckily, we are running out of no-name schools beginning w/ b to trip up the Jayhawks in March. First round Bill is feeling the heat on this latest mishap.

Word on the internet is Huggy Bear Bob Huggins is interviewing for the Missery job.

 
At 23/3/06 00:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Amy- It's Kim Stephenson. I would like to say that Bradley made it this year because I brought them good luck by moving to Peoria. However, we all know that is a bunch of bull. Bradley is actually my boyfriend's Alma Mater, so needless to say he is quite excited (and stunned) by their performance thus far. I, too, am just proud that they beat Kansas. :)

 
At 24/3/06 01:28, Blogger Andy Noverr said...

Huggy Bear has landed in Manhattan (KS, that is). The Mildcats' new motto: "Huggs, drugs and thugs! KSU is a basketball school again!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home