04 May 2006

Good news on a sunny day

Another unbelievably gorgeous day here in Paris! It actually hit 75 degrees today. Man, I love it! I hope the weather holds out through the weekend, since we have some outdoorsy plans. Saturday, we're off to the Foire du Trône (sounds like a carnival with rides, games, food, etc). On Sunday, we'll get a personal tour of St. Denis, the suburb that our friend Muriel lives in. There is much to look forward to.

Anyway, there is no better complement to a sunny day than some good news. So, in no particular order:

  • Colin was offered a 12-month fellowship from his department, which means that he does not have to teach in the fall. This is great news, of course, because it means that he can focus entirely on writing his dissertation. Plus (assuming we have the money) it will be easier for him to fly back over here if he can visit Mme. Auric or some other useful resource.
  • Rachel was accepted into Juilliard, beginning this fall! Now, she gets to coordinate a move from Paris to New York City. (Too bad her van is in Kansas, huh?) We are absolutely thrilled for her, not only for the prestige that the school brings, but for the challenges and benefits that it will bring her. If you would like to congratulate her, leave comments and I'll forward them to her.
  • Seeking closure, I contacted the community college that I applied to teach at, and asked what the status of the position was. As it turns out, they haven't even picked up the applications from Human Resources yet, much less finalized a selection committee! To think, I had already given up hope. Maybe by the time they get around to interviewing, I'll be back in the US, thus saving me the cost of an extra plane ticket to the US. Regardless, I'm glad to know that I'm still in the running!

2 Comments:

At 5/5/06 02:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the fellowship, Colin! Amy, we'll keep our fingers crossed that the teaching job will work out.

I keep forgetting to ask -- is the elevator in working order again?

SD Mom

 
At 5/5/06 18:28, Blogger amy7252 said...

No, still no elevator. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home